Go Places to Play provides a solution for local authorities looking to publish accessible information online about their parks, green spaces, adventure playgrounds and safe places to play.
The service gives each local authority a standalone, hosted web site that focuses on the local area whilst contributing to the national network of parks in order to create a valuable resource for parents and families throughout the UK.
Go Places to Play helps local authorities to meet their responsibility to provide health services for children under the age of five. By making it easy for families to find safe, and free, places to play local authorities can be seen to be taking an active part in reducing childhood obesity and promoting health and wellbeing to all citizens. The online tool contributes to Early Help programmes, signposting families to positive, local, free activities that
can reduce sedentary behaviour and social isolation. The web site also provides a source of information for visitors new to the area and supports tourism, attracting visitors to parks and heritage sites.
Each individual Go Places to Play web site includes:
- homepage with interactive map displaying local parks, playgrounds and green spaces.
- directory of play areas, green spaces and adventure playgrounds, searchable by keyword, location, postcode and distance.
- full information for individual parks including location, detailed description of facilities available, uploaded photos, any ongoing works and their impact, and where supported, real-time travel information.
events calendar for listing activities taking place in parks and the local area.
- feedback form allowing visitors to leave comments about parks and facilities through the web site, with all submissions logged and available for viewing and reporting.
- dedicated and easy-to-use administration system for managing all aspects of the park finder, including directory management, ability to add / edit events and viewing any incoming enquiries.